Nicole Copley is managing editors of this series of handbooks, to be published by Juta. The first in the series, written by Nicole is called “NGO Matters- a practical legal guide to starting up”
- Is a practical, systematic guide for founders, board members, donors, and legal advisors to NGOs
- Provides critical information on structures and registrations, while explaining key concepts
- Includes extracts from relevant legislation and forms, in one useful volume.
- Contains a foreword by Richard Rosenthal, a well-known legal advisor in the NGO sphere
- Can be purchased online at juta.co.za/products/ngo-matters, or contact Juta Customer Services – firstname.lastname@example.org, tell. 021 659 2300.
The forthcoming volumes (watch this space!) will be:
- NGO MATTERS: Governance for nonprofit boards by Ricardo Wyngaard; and
- NGO Matters: Guide to Basic FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT for Non Profits by Cathy Master and Paul Tyler
They will be followed by volumes on Tax, Financial reporting, VAT, B-BBEE and Social Enterprises.
All volumes will demystify and provide clear and simple guidance, and include useful resources and links.