Nicole Copley is managing editors of this series of handbooks, to be published by Juta. The first in the series, written by Nicole is called “NGO Matters- a practical legal guide to starting up”
- Is a practical, systematic guide for founders, board members, donors, and legal advisors to NGOs
- Provides critical information on structures and registrations, while explaining key concepts
- Includes extracts from relevant legislation and forms, in one useful volume.
- Contains a foreword by Richard Rosenthal, a well-known legal advisor in the NGO sphere
- Can be purchased online at juta.co.za/products/ngo-matters, or contact Juta Customer Services – email@example.com, tell. 021 659 2300.
The second in the series, written by attorney and governance specialist Ricardo Wyngaard is called “NGO Matters: Governance for nonprofit boards” and answers crucial questions like:
- Who is in charge?
- What is the fiduciary duty?
- What about King IV?
He also provides clear guidelines for organisations to put in place the governance practices that will protect them and their leaders.
The Third in the series is written by Cathy Masters and Paul Tyler who both have many years of experience providing guidance and training for nonprofits It is called “NGO Matters: Guide to Basic FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT for NonProfits” and explains the basic concepts and systems which are required for financial management.
These books will be followed by volumes on Tax, Financial reporting, VAT, B-BBEE and Social Enterprises.
All volumes will demystify and provide clear and simple guidance, and include useful resources and links.